Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518

Felt F4 - review??

Felt F4 - review??

Postby cyclingfan_oh on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:51 pm

I am looking into getting a used felt f4 but wanted to hear a little bit about it? Good/bad/ugly :D

I saw something of interest to me on the site and thought about jumping to buy the bike, but I wanted to hear a couple stories about the bike first.
John
cyclingfan_oh

Re: Felt F4 - review??

Postby odbi4180 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:37 pm

It is about $2300 retail but I saw it here for a bit less if you wanted a deal. I own one and love it, actually am looking into getting one for my younger son.

Here are some tidbits 'bout it

1. Taking into account different size frames and different types of demands on each bike, Felt takes the time to customize each frame size individually, using tubing diameters and shapes that are specific to a frame size.

2. Felt has 3 kinds of carbon, this one using High Modulus carbon, and the F4 is the lowest cost bike in the higher end line to use this type. From Felt's site they say their material is much stronger and stiffer than titanium and aluminum respectively.

3. Felt's F-series road frames are made from three pieces: 1. front triangle, 2. chain stays, and 3. seat stays. No putty or filler is used as these parts are joined.

More specifically:
20 speed bike with Shimano’s new 10 speed Ultegra SL STI shifters
A carbon fork and carbon frame
Shimano’s newly designed Ultegra SL and Shimano RS20 wheels

Awesome ride
odbi4180

Return to Felt